I gre up in musical theatre, and watching ballet. As I really began to study I knoew I needed the ballet bacground, but loved the Jazz style of musical theatre. I've studied ballet, jazz, Graham, Horton, contemporary. I appreciate them all and always look to expand my boudaries.
this is soo cool. ive never blogged before.. lol.. i love dancing.. i want to become either a physical therapist or a dance teacher, since i can't decided i might do dance therapy..
Dance Therapy is very worthwhile as an occupation. It can benefit many people. I find all creative arts therapies to br very helpful. WHen you see dance what inspires you? WHy do you want to dance?
I've been dancing since I was 3..and in june when i had my last highschool performanced i cried.. so now that i found out there are dance classes i can take in LAGCC I'm very excited... what really inspires me the most is the emotion in the dancers face and body.. like wow look how he/she feels for this dance..
Emotion can be a very big part of dance. The emotion of the character, and the emotion of the dancer both play a part in the work seen on stage. Some dance is strictly choreographed for the mechanics of movement. (See the work of Merce Cunningham.) Dance can also be based on an emotion, or emotions. Usually through a story. I'd like to hear from you and others in the class what story you want to tell. I'll also tell yuo about a story I am going to tell through dance.
My favorite type of dancing is Latin Dancing. I love to go to SOB's in New York City to go out and hear that lively music and (try!!!) to dance. I am not so great, but my heart is in it and I try. I love the energy of the group. I like that the men and women each have a part to play. I like also that it can be a set dance, like salsa or mambo, but that there is room for personal interpretation. Good thing for that, when I am around, since I am not an expert and I can do my own thing. I just think that Latin dancing is the most fun of all.
Yes, I see there can be a difference between social dancing or concert dancing but the only way you will be "good" is if your heart and emotions are involved!!!
My mother major was ballet when she graduated from University. She wanted me to learn ballet when I was five. Subsequently, I became loved the joy of ballet dance movement. Now when I dance, I get a wonderful feeling of channeling my energy and emotion. This feeling transforms me into another state of mind.
i have to say i never really took ballet until highschool.. my dance class was given the oppurtunity to learn from the american ballet in lincoln center and we also got to create a piece as a class and perform for them.. we were the only non-performing arts school there and they said we were the best.. it was amazing and wish i could go back and do it all over again.. i started choreographing to the way you make me feel by michael jackson and the movie centerstage is my inspirtation...
I love hip hop! But I am very open minded when it comes to dance, I'm willing to try anything and everything! For my dance for class I'm not going to do a hip hop dance. I'm going to push myself to try something different. I'm not going to go with my original idea. Maybe I'll just find a song and let the music inspire my dance.
thats what i always do !! just play music.. and moves come.. when you listen to the words and try to make out the word in movement, lyrical dance its pretty cool.. i do that alot and repetition is found in most my dances too! ive never choreographed a whole dance on my own, so this will be challenging for me !
HELLO MY FELLOW BLOGGERS....LOL......WHILE I WAS GROWING UP, DANCING HAS PLAYED SUCH A MAJOR INFLUENE IN MY LIFE....I HAVE BEEN DANCING SINCE THE AGE OF 8 AND HAVE GROWN A LOVE FOR IT EVER SINCE THEN.......ALONG MY PATHWAY OF DANCING I HAVE DONE BALLET, JAZZ, MODERN, AFRICAN AND HIP HOP...... AND AMOUNST ALL OF THESE I MUST SAY THAT HIP HOP IS THE ONE THAT HAS STUCK WITH ME THE MOST... AND THE ONE THAT IAM THE STRONGEST IN.......
I'm into dance hall and reggae music. But other dances or styles like salsa or even river dancing is quite interesting. I also thought about trying out swing dancing. It reminds me dancing in the old days. Some people stick to their cultural music or the music they grew up listening to, I'm open to any new ideas or techniques.
Yeah, it's dance classes for girls with special needs run by a physical therapist in Queens. I volunteered my senior year of high school, every volunteer gets one little girl and you work with them throughout the year and at the end they put on a recital.
I always liked dancing but I've never took any dance classes before in my life. I would dance in every event or when going out with my friends, but that was all. I would dance anything that would not be very complicated and most likely traditional dances from my country, Greece. I took this class only because I needed more credits. I of course enjoy it very much and I am so impressed of how much work is behind all these dance shows we get to see. It is unbelievable who many movements are put together to make up a choreography and how this part has to much with the right music to give the final result of a dance show.
just a random thought, everytime someone says to me "OH DANCING IS SO EASY WHY DO YOU STRESS IT ALL THE TIME?" i just laugh in their face like let me see you try to make up a 5 minute dance routine.. or even learn a 5 minute dance routine.. i had to learn a 10 min routine and it was the craziest and funnest [is funnest a word?] dance ever !
I gre up in musical theatre, and watching ballet. As I really began to study I knoew I needed the ballet bacground, but loved the Jazz style of musical theatre. I've studied ballet, jazz, Graham, Horton, contemporary.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate them all and always look to expand my boudaries.
this is soo cool. ive never blogged before.. lol.. i love dancing.. i want to become either a physical therapist or a dance teacher, since i can't decided i might do dance therapy..
ReplyDeleteDance Therapy is very worthwhile as an occupation. It can benefit many people. I find all creative arts therapies to br very helpful.
ReplyDeleteWHen you see dance what inspires you? WHy do you want to dance?
I've been dancing since I was 3..and in june when i had my last highschool performanced i cried.. so now that i found out there are dance classes i can take in LAGCC I'm very excited... what really inspires me the most is the emotion in the dancers face and body.. like wow look how he/she feels for this dance..
ReplyDeleteEmotion can be a very big part of dance. The emotion of the character, and the emotion of the dancer both play a part in the work seen on stage.
ReplyDeleteSome dance is strictly choreographed for the mechanics of movement. (See the work of Merce Cunningham.) Dance can also be based on an emotion, or emotions. Usually through a story.
I'd like to hear from you and others in the class what story you want to tell.
I'll also tell yuo about a story I am going to tell through dance.
My favorite type of dancing is Latin Dancing. I love to go to SOB's in New York City to go out and hear that lively music and (try!!!) to dance. I am not so great, but my heart is in it and I try. I love the energy of the group. I like that the men and women each have a part to play. I like also that it can be a set dance, like salsa or mambo, but that there is room for personal interpretation. Good thing for that, when I am around, since I am not an expert and I can do my own thing. I just think that Latin dancing is the most fun of all.
ReplyDeleteHeart - emotion: you both are tying into why dance is a big part of peoples lives whether it is concert dance or social dance.
ReplyDeleteYes, I see there can be a difference between social dancing or concert dancing but the only way you will be "good" is if your heart and emotions are involved!!!
ReplyDeleteMy mother major was ballet when she graduated from University. She wanted me to learn ballet when I was five. Subsequently, I became loved the joy of ballet dance movement. Now when I dance, I get a wonderful feeling of channeling my energy and emotion. This feeling transforms me into another state of mind.
ReplyDeletei have to say i never really took ballet until highschool.. my dance class was given the oppurtunity to learn from the american ballet in lincoln center and we also got to create a piece as a class and perform for them.. we were the only non-performing arts school there and they said we were the best.. it was amazing and wish i could go back and do it all over again.. i started choreographing to the way you make me feel by michael jackson and the movie centerstage is my inspirtation...
ReplyDeleteI love hip hop! But I am very open minded when it comes to dance, I'm willing to try anything and everything! For my dance for class I'm not going to do a hip hop dance. I'm going to push myself to try something different. I'm not going to go with my original idea. Maybe I'll just find a song and let the music inspire my dance.
ReplyDeletethats what i always do !! just play music.. and moves come.. when you listen to the words and try to make out the word in movement, lyrical dance its pretty cool.. i do that alot and repetition is found in most my dances too! ive never choreographed a whole dance on my own, so this will be challenging for me !
ReplyDeleteHELLO MY FELLOW BLOGGERS....LOL......WHILE I WAS GROWING UP, DANCING HAS PLAYED SUCH A MAJOR INFLUENE IN MY LIFE....I HAVE BEEN DANCING SINCE THE AGE OF 8 AND HAVE GROWN A LOVE FOR IT EVER SINCE THEN.......ALONG MY PATHWAY OF DANCING I HAVE DONE BALLET, JAZZ, MODERN, AFRICAN AND HIP HOP...... AND AMOUNST ALL OF THESE I MUST SAY THAT HIP HOP IS THE ONE THAT HAS STUCK WITH ME THE MOST... AND THE ONE THAT IAM THE STRONGEST IN.......
ReplyDeleteI'm into dance hall and reggae music. But other dances or styles like salsa or even river dancing is quite interesting. I also thought about trying out swing dancing. It reminds me dancing in the old days. Some people stick to their cultural music or the music they grew up listening to, I'm open to any new ideas or techniques.
ReplyDeleteHey Vergina - I was reading one of your earlier posts...You mentioned dance therapy...Ever heard of Dancing Dreams?
ReplyDeleteKatie - no i haven't .. is it dance therapy? lol..
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's dance classes for girls with special needs run by a physical therapist in Queens. I volunteered my senior year of high school, every volunteer gets one little girl and you work with them throughout the year and at the end they put on a recital.
ReplyDeleteI always liked dancing but I've never took any dance classes before in my life. I would dance in every event or when going out with my friends, but that was all. I would dance anything that would not be very complicated and most likely traditional dances from my country, Greece.
ReplyDeleteI took this class only because I needed more credits. I of course enjoy it very much and I am so impressed of how much work is behind all these dance shows we get to see. It is unbelievable who many movements are put together to make up a choreography and how this part has to much with the right music to give the final result of a dance show.
just a random thought, everytime someone says to me "OH DANCING IS SO EASY WHY DO YOU STRESS IT ALL THE TIME?" i just laugh in their face like let me see you try to make up a 5 minute dance routine.. or even learn a 5 minute dance routine.. i had to learn a 10 min routine and it was the craziest and funnest [is funnest a word?] dance ever !
ReplyDeletei missed class today =[ .. who added what kind of steps into the dance ?
ReplyDelete